JOB GUARANTEE POLICY
Effective December 1st, 2018
At Digital Advocates, we are committed to your success. Learning to become a Career Development Specialist takes work, but will lead to career opportunities in fast-growing fields in the Workforce Development Industry. With our 1-year “Earn while you Learn” Master Certification Program, you will start working with our Featured Training Partners in the nonprofit sector.
Once you graduate, you can choose do continue working with our Featured Training Partner, or work with our Career Center to help with job placement with another nonprofit organization.
We’re confident that if you put in the work and follow our program, we can help you land a job as a Career Development Professional with any of Hiring Partners.
We back our commitment with the “Job Guarantee”, subject to the terms listed on this page.
To qualify for the job guarantee you must:
1. Graduate from the Master Certification Program and complete all course requirements
2. Be at least 18 years of age
3. Be a U.S. citizen or green card holder legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship for at least two years from enrollment
4. Be proficient in spoken and written English, as determined by initial interactions with any Digital Advocates staff
5. Be able to pass any background checks associated with jobs that you apply for.
6. Pay registration fee and maintain monthly administration fee
- A “Qualifying Position” means a “Full Time”, “In-Field” position that is either “Long Term” or “Medium Term”.
- “Full Time” means a job that is at least 32 hours per week or that is described as full time in the offer.
- “In-Field” means a job that requires the skills taught in your program, or that would fall under a relevant Bureau of Labor Statistics SOC code.
- “Long Term” means a position that is permanent, at-will, or a contract greater than six months in duration.
- “Medium Term” means a position or contract at least three months in duration.
It is important to know that titles of jobs in career development vary enormously. As such, we expect you to apply for jobs suitable for your experience and background, which include titles such as: Career Development Specialist, Career Coach, Career Counselor, Career Advisor, Human Resources
Ready to Transform Lives and Impact the World?